London sightseeing – take the tour of the city
Have you ever been to London? What are the most visited tourist attractions in London?
Work in pair. Open a software or an online application to create a mind map.
How many words are similar to the ones of other groups? Create a London brainstorming class mindmap with your teacher and let’s get started!
Download the London map and discover the city with some videos with subtitles.
1. How much do you know about London? Take the virtual tour of the big city.
2. What are the landmarks you can see in the video?
3. Listen to a tour guide showing what London can offer to tourists. How many attractions he mentioned? Don’t forget the visit the page to download the transcript and do with the interactive exercises.
4. Here is another video. Answer the 13 questions below. Take note while watching.
1. What are the two names of the big wheel?
2. How tall is it? How many capsules has it got?
3. When and why was it built?
4. What can you do at the park?
5. What’s Big Ben?
6. What’s the Palace of Westminster?
7. Where is the National Gallery?
8. What is the Nelson’s column?
9. What is St. Paul’s Cathedral?
10. Where can you see the Changing of the Guard? How long does it last?
11. Does Tower Bridge open up? Why?
12. What can you see in the Docklands area?
13. How many museums did the guide mention?
5. What are the other attractions in London to visit? What are they?
6. How would you visit London? Which means of transport?
Are you ready to plan your tour?
How is life in London? Listen to some opinions from Londoners.