School rules – MUST and MUSTN’T
1. What is CLASSROOM ETIQUETTE? Visit wordreference.com to find the answer. Now watch the video.
2. Brainstorming. Work in pairs and write down the rules that you follow at school. You can use your “libretto” and read them.
3. It’s time to share. Work in a group of 6 students and compare your answers.
6. Now it’s time to compare your school rules with the English school rules. Open the behaviour policy of Elthorne Park High School, a school based in West London and read pages 5-8. Can you find any similarities?
7. Watch the video and take notes. Make two columns: What is a good classroom behaviour? and what is a bad classroom behaviour? Use the English vocabulary.
HOW TO EXPRESS OBLIGATION?
MUST or HAVE TO?
Watch the video explanation.
MUST + NOT and DON’T HAVE TO
From Woodward English, below is a map that shows the differences in meaning between MUSTN’T and DON’T HAVE TO. What is it?